Saturday, September 8, 2007

Tear me down




I thought we had reached the limit of teardown madness when I posted a $1 million wreck about a week ago. However, this beachside wreck pushes out the boundary by a further two million. It is listed for $3.3 million. There is one paradox that I can't resolve. How can anyone smart enough to accumulate at least $3 million of wealth be stupid enough to buy this house?

There is no such paradox in the realtor's mind. The write up advises prospective buyers to "drive by, stop and sit on the front steps and experience the incredible ocean ambiance and resort living". In contrast, I advise to drive by and just keep driving.

Many thanks to Bob for this one. Bob suggests that rather than an ocean view, this house is situated in front of a large parking lot that holds about a 1000 cars. The listing can be found here.

1 comment:

Nico said...

looks like santa monica, ca. if you could get r3 zoning, the price isn't too absurd...