Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Any stupid rich people out there...?




This owner is a little confused. He can't decide whether this West Coast house is worth $9,750,000 or $11,300,000 so he is asking any offers in that range. Obviously, the owner is trying to snag someone who is both rich and who can't tell that 9 is a smaller number than 11.

Imagine the conversation between the realtor and the buyer.

Realtor: So, Mr. Richguy, which price tag would you prefer - $9,750,000 or $11,300,00?
Mr. Richguy: The $9,750,000 tag has many attractive features, but I think I will go with $11,300,000.
Realtor: A wise choice, sir. So are you now ready to sign?
Mr. Richguy: Actually, I'm just messing with you. I think I will stay rich. I gonna wait until the housing market crashes before I buy anything. In the meantime, I'll put my money in riskless US Treasury bills, and use the interest payments to rent a similar house just down the road.
Realtor: Does this mean I'm not going to get my 6 percent commission?

If you are similarly confused, the MLS number is S427237.

No comments: